Disability Confident is a nationally recognised Government accreditation scheme to support businesses to attract, recruit and retain disabled employees, including people with long-term health conditions. It was developed by employers and Disabled People’s representatives to make it easily accessible, particularly for smaller businesses. There are three levels of accreditation: Committed, Employer and Leader.
SPECTRUM is an accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader and we are able to support organisations to help them achieve all three levels of Disability Confident accreditation. As Disability Confident leaders, we can help your business to become more successful.
Our support is flexible and tailored to each organisation and can include advice, consultancy and training. Our aim is to take your organisation from where it is now to being a fully Disability Confident leader, at all levels of your organisation.
What we offer
We can provide advice and information to help you work through the self-assessment parts of Disability Confident levels 1 and 2.
For organisations who have achieved Level 2 (Employer) we can also provide a Level 3 validation service. We can provide a detailed analysis of your Level 2 self-assessment, identifying areas for improvement and recommended actions, as well as a letter of support confirming that you have met the necessary criteria for you to send to the Department for Work and Pensions.
We can also provide support and advice on related business issues such as:
• Inclusive and accessible recruitment processes
• Reasonable adjustments for disabled employees and customers
• Communicating and engaging with Disabled People by increasing your understanding of their needs and preferences
• How to use appropriate and positive language in marketing content and other communications
• Making business premises accessible
• Inclusive design and making goods and services fully accessible
We also offer Disability Equality and Awareness Training, which can be tailored to the particular needs of your organisation.
Benefits of becoming Disability Confident
Whether you have existing disabled employees or are looking for new recruits, being Disability Confident can help your staff fulfil their potential and contribute to your organisation’s success. By being Disability Confident, your organisation will also be seen as leading the way in your business sector.
Disability Confident helps businesses:
• Access the £212 billion spent annually by Disabled People in the UK
• Draw from the widest possible pool of talent
• Secure and retain high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
• Save time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover and keeping valuable skills and experience in your organisation
• Improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that you treat all employees fairly
• Enhance communication skills throughout the organisation
• Improve customer service
• Enhance your organisations reputation by demonstrating that your Disability Confident status is more than just words and an active commitment to action within your business.
Level 3 Validation – £400 plus VAT
Consultancy – Negotiable
Find out how we can help you
If you would like further information about Disability Confident support please contact: