On Tuesday 1st December, from 4pm onwards, the Fairness Commission in Southampton publishes its findings and a recommendations report.
SPECTRUM’s Chief Executive, Ian Loynes has been a Commissioner on the Southampton Fairness Commission for two years, and will be part of the report presentation team.
SPECTRUM will be there, and we will be live video streaming the event via Periscope.
To be automatically sent a link to the live video, simply join our Twitter feed on @SPECTRUMCIL – you will then be sent a Tweet just as we start streaming.
To find out more about the Fairness Commission, visit their website: www.southamptonfairnesscommission.org
Or read the vision statement below:
The Fairness Commission has been established to:
- Identify inequalities and challenges in the City and develop a strategic approach to fairness and equality.
- Improve understanding of fairness and equality, through the examination of the key thematic priorities of:
- An aspirational and prosperous City: education, employment and pay.
- Communities working together: access to a better local environment and services.
- Set forward a vision for fairness – that will inform, influence and inspire the Council and partners.
- Identify and examine ways partners can work together to develop innovative responses.
- Collect examples of good practice in order to develop evidence based, policy recommendations and responses to promote equality and fairness through the work of the council and partners.
- Inform and influence budgetary decisions proposed by the Council.
- Influence corporate and civic behaviour of others in the city.