SPECTRUM Day Opportunities offers a new kind of day service built on the principles of Independent Living and empowerment. Our service has a strong focus on practical outcomes – supporting people to gain the skills and confidence to realise their aspirations.
What we offer
SPECTRUM Day Opportunities offers opportunities for new and challenging experiences. We provide individually tailored support and coaching sessions and a range of stimulating and enjoyable activities – either 121 or in small groups – focused on three options:
- Developing employment skills – including CV writing; interviewing; job search; applying for jobs; condition management; IT and work skills; and, time keeping and organisation skills
- Independent Living skills – including managing money; daily living skills; personal care; food preparation; and, independent travel training
- Personal Development – including personal goal setting; mentoring; building confidence and motivation; maintaining health and wellbeing; social relationships; self-help and life skills; and, volunteering opportunities
Our support is highly flexible. You can choose just one of these options or combine two or more to suit your individual goals and needs.
Sessions can be provided on either a full or half day basis. We can also offer a FREE TASTER SESSION to help you find out if we are the right place for you.
How we can help
Our Day Opportunities can help you in all sorts of ways:
- Learn new skills
- Boost your confidence and improve your social skills
- Help to get a job or go to college
- Work experience and job tasters
- Volunteering opportunities
- Independent Living skills – e.g. managing your money, shopping, housework, life planning
- Independent travel training
- A wide choice of practical and task based activities such as arts and crafts, music and drama, sports, computing, podcasting and blogging, photography, interactive storytelling, and sensory walks
- Access to a range of social and leisure activities based on what you enjoy doing
SPECTRUM is all about peer support based on lived experience of Disability. All of our support staff are Disabled People and have the knowledge and skills to supporting service users with complex needs. They will often have faced the same challenges as you do, which is a big help with being able to offer the best possible support.
We deliver high quality and professional support for people with a wide range of needs and all of our services are focused on enabling Disabled People to have maximum choice and control over where they go and what they do to meet their own choice of lifestyle and activities.
We carry out outcome focused and person-centred support planning to help you to set your own goals and to make sure that we can plan a programme of activities that meets your needs. Our well trained and experienced staff are skilled in supporting and communicating with people with a wide range of needs so you can be sure of always getting the support you want. All staff have Enhanced DBS checks
We also encourage and support service users to access community facilities and resources and additionally develop other interests outside of the day service environment to help with developing independence and social skills through activities in the community.
We can also provide information and advice about complimentary services and resources in the community to help users identify the most effective support to meet their needs. Users may also be able to access other SPECTRUM services including support and advice on Direct Payments and Personal Budgets, Advocacy and welfare advice, and Community Navigation.
In some cases we can also offer volunteering opportunities matched to your abilities and interests.
Where we are based
The service operates from our fully accessible community base in Portswood, which provides a safe, secure and comfortable environment with good transport links close to Southampton city centre.
From our community base we are also able to access a good range of local colleges, sport centres, leisure centres and many other interesting locations for outside activities.
We are also just 5 minutes walk from Southampton Common, which has woodland, parkland, ponds, wetlands, nature trails, a fishing lake and an Urban Wildlife Centre with interactive resources and educational facilities.
Find out how we can help you
If you would like more information, or if you have any questions please contact Gerry Zarb on 07857 250 230
or email to: gerry.zarb@SpectrumCIL.co.uk
You can also download an information leaflet here:
Day Opportunities leaflet PDF version
Day Opportunities leaflet Plain Text version
- Half day session (3 hours) – £44 per session
- Full day session (6 hours) – £87 per session
All prices are inclusive of VAT