SPECTRUM CIL is able to offer expertise in Community Navigation or Local Area Co-ordination. We are currently working in partnership with Southampton City Council and Southampton City Clinical Commissioning Group and local third sector organisations to run a Community Navigator pilot to link with the development of integrated teams being formed at a cluster level in the City.Skip to contact info
What we offer
The Community Navigator function has been implemented successfully across the country and further afield with a multitude of variations to the concept.
In line with the Better Care initiative, CCG’s and local authorities have recognised the potential benefits of this function for individuals, professionals and the wider health and social care economy and in supporting the Better Care agenda.
Our Community Navigation work aims to:
- Empower people to take control of their health and wellbeing
- Build and maximise community opportunities
- Reduce pressure on health and social care services
- Challenge services to become person centred
- Help people who can’t help themselves
- Identify gaps in community resources and build capacity
- Invest in future, rather than short term, benefits
The work we carry out on Community Navigation includes:
- Receiving and making referrals from/to primary care and cluster teams
- Providing information about how to access community resources
- Directly linking people to activities/community resources (e.g. sports and leisure, employment, education, welfare rights, housing, Time banking schemes, volunteering opportunities)
- Providing the point of contact to access other services
- One to one work with individuals and families to identify solutions and develop action plans, as well as follow up to confirm whether the identified solutions are working and to identify if additional support is needed
- Mapping community resources for uploading to an Information Directory.
- Identifying through a process of coproduction gaps in resources/assets required by the community and clinical teams, to improve health and wellbeing.
Get in touch
If you would like more information, or if you have any questions please contact: